Make Party Pinwheel Sandwiches with me, Rose!
If 100 hungry people suddenly arrive at your door for a party and your Mama won’t get off the phone, you’ll definitely want to be able to serve them something to eat. These Party Pinwheel Sandwiches are the perfect thing! (You can make them on a plain old regular day, too!)
Rose’s Party Pinwheel Sandwich Recipe
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Fillings (see below)
- 1 loaf bread, cut lengthwise, or large flatbreads such as flour tortillas
- Plastic wrap
- Serrated knife (have an adult do all the cutting!!)
To make it more spreadable, prepare the filling ingredients together in a bowl first. Here are some yummy choices, but you can put just about any filling inside that you like. Use your imagination!
- Cream cheese with jam (raspberry jam mixed with cream cheese makes a pink filling!)
- Cream cheese with finely chopped olives, sun-dried tomatoes or scallions.
- Cream cheese with finely chopped apples and cinnamon
- Any soft cheese like Laughing Cow or Boursin
- Peanut butter and honey or jelly
- Hummus and shaved carrots
- Egg Salad
- Tuna Salad
- Make your filling.
- Cut crust off bread. Flatten slices slightly with a rolling pin.
- Spread a thin layer of the filling on to the bread. (If using flatbreads, stop about 1/2 inch from the edge.)
- Carefully roll up the bread and filling.
- Wrap each roll tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for an hour or more.
- Remove the sandwich, trim the edges if necessary, and slice the roll into 1/2 to 1 inch thick slices.
- Arrange the pinwheels on a platter. You can insert fancy tooth picks if you want, but usually they’ll hold together without one.
- Serve and eat – YUMMY!!